Chitika banner

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Lotus Elise

So, there was a Lotus Elise parked near my apartment today. I took some pictures. Check em out.
It's a pretty short car. At least a few feet shorter than mine. I bet it corners like a bitch.

I like the louvered ducts on the hood. I don't really know how much of a point there is in them though since the engine is in the back.

The instrument cluster is pretty boss, too. And if you look closely yes, that's a manual shifter. I'd really hate to see such a sweet sports car being saddled with a dogomatic.

Rear end here. These ducts do have a bit of a point what with the hot engine being right there. I couldn't make out much about the engine though, but since it's a lotus I'd guess it's a turbocharged 4 or maybe a 6. I get a kick out of the plate. Not late indeed.

Better view of the rear louvers.

The front wheels are only 16s, but considering it's such a small car that makes some sense. Tires are 195/50/ZR16 It's hard to see here, but the calipers say Lotus right on them. The rears were 225/45/ZR17s.

And finally here's a shot of the passenger door area. The scalloped look brings back thoughts of a 50s Vette minus of course the two toned style they had. I like the gas cap, they even made that look sporty.

36 comments:

  1. I used to not like 'em but they're growing on me..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, very cool to see one in real life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. how much are those?

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh shit man, not that much cash and looks soooo sexy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I could afford a car like that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. meatwise, the car isnt anything special, but its very well put together

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't usually like cars but that one's a good looking piece of art :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i dont know if i would drive it around, i dont see the point in owning something like that. its gonna get fucked up by things.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i fuckin love lotus elise and europa s but thei sucks like interiors

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice car. Maybe you freaked out the owner by walking around his car ? hehe

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow, i like this car, and i don´t do this often^^

    ReplyDelete
  12. Whoof, beautiful thing. But I'll agree with the comments here, I would never dare to drive the thing around!

    Guy must have a ton of money to even dare have the damn thing parked in the street.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Now that's a nice little automobile right there

    ReplyDelete
  14. I only have one complain about this car: It is to small to sit in it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. eh im not big on the lotus

    ReplyDelete
  16. Like the color. sweet ride..!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Pretty nice Elise, yellow is a suitable color IMO

    ReplyDelete