Chitika banner

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

DVR and Pawn Stars

So hey, I bet a bunch of you guys out there have DVRs huh? I'm wondering how many of you use it like me and how many don't. I've got a bunch of shows on mine that I've saved and watch every now and then so they've been on there for a while. Do any of you do this too? I've got the SNL sports special and the last Christopher Walken hosted episode. The sports one I have because of the "That'll move the chains" sketch with the stupid kid working with the color commentators on a football game and for the NFL play60 with Peyton Manning sketch. Spend time with your children so Peyton Manning doesn't! I've also got a few Whitest Kids You Know eps saved and a few music videos too. Two of the things I have saved I've had for at least three or four years. It doesn't tell the year in my DVR so I'm guessing there. I've also got the last 5 episodes of Foster's Home which I swear I will watch one day!

I try to keep my DVR's drive somewhere around 50% full if I can, but lately it's been in the 70s. I need to catch up on everything. And it doesn't help that they've been showing Whitest Kids in like 4 hour blocks. Soon enough I will have seen most of the episodes though so I'll be able to delete them without worry, but for now I still have it set to record every and save every for ever. And I've got a pretty good number of other shows set to record every new episode such as House, Pawn Stars, CSI, CSI:NY, Venture Bros, Metalocalypse, Mythbusters and I know there are more, but I can't think of them.

Speaking of Pawn Stars. Does anyone else watch it? I watched Monday's episode Tuesday morning before I went to sleep. They're giving Rick Dale, the cool dude who restores EVERYTHING his own show. They're calling it American Restoration and the first ep looks like it's going to have him fixing up a classic golf cart for the pawn shop. I'm more excited than I should be for this show I think, but it looks like it could be really good. Rick Dale is just such an interesting person from what I can tell from Pawn Stars and even if the show turns out terrible, which is unlikely, it can't be any worse than Ice Road Truckers or Swamp Rednecks People.

Alrighty I'm off like a prom dress.

24 comments:

  1. uhm never watched and heard before :O

    ReplyDelete
  2. i watched one episode of pawn stars, but i didnt like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I watch an episode every now and then when its on, but otherwise not a show I follow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just watched an episode, it's not bad. wont go out of my way to watch it though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never heard of Pawn Stars, but I'm waiting for the new Venture Bros and Metalocalypse seasons.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Uh, you mean the Venture Brothers and Metalocalypse seasons that are each about 4-5 weeks in? Metalocalypse started a week or two after VB, both in September. If you're lucky the AS website might have them available to watch still. At the very least they'll have the most recent episode of each.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haven't seen it but I am going to check it out now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. the pawn stars show is stupid i hate it because the guys are such jerks screwing people over for no reason

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pawn stars is interesting but man it just seems... well the guys don't come off as nice or fun to watch.

    http://quarterqwerty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. nice, maybe ill give it a shot!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't have a DVR, I just download everything I want from torrents 2 hours earlier then it will premiere here lol. I watch Pawn Stars awesome show, though Rick and th eold man are asses when it comes to giving people fair prices...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I used to hate Pawn Stars, now I actually like it.

    And I don't record half as much stuff as I used to on my DVR. The only constant I have is MMA and hockey. Other than that it's Office, House, Modern Family, House Hunters. The rest are my girlfriend's shows.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Heard of pawn stars, gonna check it out later tonight

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've watched a couple of the episodes, as well as the knockoff. Or was this one the knockoff? Who knows.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pawn stars is grate! love that show

    ReplyDelete
  16. ehhh Im not sure I can give you that much for it... let me check with my guy

    ReplyDelete
  17. ive seen pawn stars before its entertaining

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's entertaining, but I never go out of my way to catch an episode.

    ReplyDelete
  19. No DVRs for me - I am medialess unless it is downoaded or streaming. It's all I can do to catch South Park and Metalocalypse daily through.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm a downloader and streamer too. netflix all the way!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hardcore Pawn is the knockoff. I have yet to watch it. I probably won't bother either.

    ReplyDelete