Chitika banner

Friday, October 8, 2010

Did your newspaper get a little better this week?

There's a decent chance that it did. Cathy finally ended after I don't know how many years. One of our papers used to carry it and since it's gone they stuck Stone Soup in its place. Stone Soup might not be a top tier comic, but it's still fairly consistently funny.

I don't understand how Cathy was able to stay around for as long as it did. Every comic was the same "joke". Ohh gee life sure is crazy (and oddly full of stereotypes) for a modern woman. Yup, that was every single joke. OMG how many shoes do I own? surely I need more. Oh noes! it's summer, I have to wear a bathing suit now *fret*. Gosh, this sales lady is everywhere. Does she work at every store in existence or just the ones I shop in?

I suppose that wasn't too fair. Garfield has been running on the same gag for 30 years as well. Oh my, what a fat cat this is. And it'd be a nice change of pace if Family Circus actually had a gag of any sort. I often wish that Calvin and Hobbes were still in the comics section, but hey, at least I have fond memories of them as opposed to wishing they had ended it in their prime or shortly thereafter. I'm still miffed about Foxtrot bailing on dailies though. There aren't enough nerdy comic in newspapers. I mean sure Jeremy from Zits does a lot of texting, but Jason from Foxtrot was an actual factual geek.

Ok, that's enough ranting for one night. I'll catch you guys tomorrow or so.

18 comments:

  1. Calvin and Hobbes... I do miss that strip. Bill Waterson is a genius.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really miss Calvin and Hobbes.. It's like part of my childhood will never continue :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the Garfield comics where garfield is completely shop'd out and John looks like a sad Keanu.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome, keep it up Bro !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hardly read the comics anymore, though I do love Foxtrot and Zits.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never was a fan of Cathy. I enjoyed Garfield for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice, I can't wait to see what you have to say in your next post

    ReplyDelete
  8. you should check out "garfield without garfield".

    ReplyDelete
  9. i live someplace far away so i didnt notice shit. plus i dont read the papers lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Garfield is a classic though, never gets old, like calvin and hobbes

    ReplyDelete
  11. bring back calvin and hobbes imo

    ReplyDelete
  12. That comic sucked, in fact most newspaper comics suck...

    ReplyDelete
  13. i actually used to write for the school neewspaper, so i like this stuff a lot

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very few are actually good, I'm a fan of Pearls before Swine myself.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Are you reading Pearls Before Swine?

    I am personally loving their bashing of Cathy this week.

    ReplyDelete