Chitika banner

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Just broke it

So, I passed 200 followers some time in the past couple of hours. Thanks guys, that's pretty sweet. I don't really have anything special planned for it, I just wanted to acknowledge that it happened, so here it is.

So, I reinstalled Starcraft (original, I don't have SC2 yet). I've been meaning to replay it for a while now. I've beaten it before, but the last time I played through it I got fed up with the last mission in Broodwar. I played the thing a good eight hours before just dropping it. I meant to get back to it and beat that fucker, but I never did. It's weird though. I remember the time before playing through I had more trouble with The Hammer Falls (last Terran mission) than the last Zerg mission. The Tarrasque always fucked me up. I figured out a good plan on taking it out though. I had a ghost on the ledge that's there before the Tarrasque shows up and he'd shoot the bastard so I knew he was on his way and then I had three battlecruisers parked near my two bunkers set to a hotkey. Once I knew the Tarrasque was on its way I'd hotkey the cruisers and get ready with the yamato cannon. Three of those and the Tarrasque was toast.

I always enjoyed playing Protoss though. Especially when I get dark templar. One of my favorite things to do with the last few Protoss missions was to get a few dark archons at the ready and mind control the rushing forces. Then I'd only use enemy forces to beat the opponents. I also got a kick out of mind controlling those flying creeps. Even after MCing them you couldn't actually control them, but it was a great way to explore the map because you could still see what they saw. And it's kind of funny seeing the enemy waste their time killing something that has no way to even attack them.

Yep, think I'll get back to Starcraft now. I'm on that Terran mission where you have to hold off the zerg for 30 minutes. I'm going to try my damnedest to not just hold off the zerg, but defeat them in the 30 mins. I'm not much of a rushing player though, so even though it's an early mission I still find doing that a little tough. I tried and failed earlier today with vultures so I'm going to try it with firebats and marines instead.

Catch ya later, bloggyville.

(P.S. fuck you spell check, Starcraft, Zerg and Terran are so words!)

21 comments:

  1. grats starcraft is good

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that SC1. I haven't played SC2 yet but might get sucked into it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sweeet man that is soo coolllio. ireally wish that was happening to myself atm for what say do come pleace it for many.

    ReplyDelete
  4. man that's sweeeeeet, I'm almost there :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've just gotten the urge to download that game! Ahh, can't... be... distracted....

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much SC talk around!! I've never played any of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Grats on the 200, and ZERG RUSH!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. congrats on 200. good blog man thats why

    ReplyDelete
  9. I used to play the original Starcraft all the damn time. The problem was that I got started playing well after it came out,and I tried playing online. So there's me, relatively a newcomer, and then i'm put up against people who had been playing for years. In the time it took me to set up my basic base, they had 100 of everything and were knocking on my door. It soured me on online play for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hell yes, im not the only one still playing original Starcraft.


    Following.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've recently got my wife hooked on Starcraft. We have SC2, but we prefer the original.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree, the spell check dictionary really needs updated. Uploading a 1970s dictionary and never changing it doesn't really work.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats. Right now I have 99 followers.

    ReplyDelete
  14. 200 followers! congratz! Maybe one day i will hit that haha

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations!
    SC2 protoss is pretty fun. Don't forget the boost!

    ReplyDelete