Chitika banner

Friday, October 15, 2010

ChickachickaVROOOOMM

That title there... That's the sound my car makes again. It's always made the vroom sound mind you, ever since getting it back from the mechanic, but now it makes the chickachicka sound again. That's the sound of a working starter. Man, it sure is nice having one of those again. For the past three months or so I've been pop starting the car. It gets to be a royal pain in the ass I tell you. Luckily the parking lot at work is roomy and has a slight slope to it so starting it without help was usually pretty easy.

It sure is nice driving though. For a good bit of the past year I was relying on the bus to get to work and my bicycle to get home. On the bright side I have a short commute about 10 miles round trip. That made the whole biking home thing not so bad. It also make the paying for gas thing fairly easy. When you have the sort of car that puts out close to 400 horses it's helpful on the wallet to not have to drive too far just to get to work.

Man, I do like driving though. Which is why I'm looking forward to getting my new tires so I can drive this car the way it wants to be driven. I haven't been in triple digits for probably a year or so. BAAH that bites. I wanna drive fast!

Well, catch you later bloggyland I'm out. Hope you enjoyed the show.

16 comments:

  1. Get a nice set of TOYO's. You won't regret it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I could afford Toyos I would. $200+ per tire isn't within my range ATM though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. buy cold air intake and muffler :D
    that will solve your problem :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. For a second there I thought you were serious. I was about to explain that considering the fact that my exhaust consists solely of manifolds, turbos, downpipes and a glasspack that even a fartcan can't make it any louder and that a cold air intake is pretty pointless when I already have an intercooler, but now that just seems silly. Right now my only real problem as I said was tires.

    ReplyDelete
  5. excellent! Cars coming along great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you were able to drive rather then go witht he public transportation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You may not be where you want to be with your car, but at least you're not having to use public transportation. I know it's not a big deal to some people, but I hate it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. lol pop starting alone sucks. always looking for a hill to park on.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Careful with the speed, but have fun! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. YKNOW WHAT ATLEAST YOU HAVE A CAR ! I DONT

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm tired of my car breaking down as well...it's always doing something stupid.

    ReplyDelete